Hadav's work is amazing!. He has increased the pedagogical value of Moodle right from the Editor itself.
For me the most useful plugins that has has added to the Moodle editor functionality are:
3. VideoRecorder (FANTASTIC. Thanks for Kevin Brake (and Vimas Technology)!)
4. Insert Flash object - nice.
7. DragMath (provided Tex is installed on the server!)
10.Dropbox (would be great if I had root access to my VPS!)
Some minor 'problems'
The "Insert Flash" icon should be "Insert image" instead (how do I correct this?)
How do I use the File Manager? It's a mystery to me. I only see part of my Moodle page and nothing else!??
Youtube doesn't allow it's site to tbe embedded right?
1. Download the latest updated zip file from here.
2. Apply the patch.
3. Unzip custom_plugins.zip into "lib/editor/htmlarea/custom_plugins"
4. Copy "htmlarea_plugins.php" to "admin/settings"
5. As SysAdmin, start a browser and open "http://youmoodle/admin/settings.php?section=htmlareasettings"
6. Select the plugins you wish to enable and save the settings.
7. Open the HTMLAREA Editor (and checkout your new plugins!)
If you either don't have the time to do this on your demo or production site, OR don't know how to do it, please contact me. I will be willing to do it for you for a fee (USD100). Oh yeah, for that amount I'll throw in the Nanogong HTMLEditor embed as well!