All the while I thought that the Drag and Drop Upload by Davo Smith was only for Moodle 2.x. After all, the link on the Moodle.org's old plugins page states that it is for Moodle 2.x.
However, surprise, surprise, the link on the Moodle.org's new org plugins page gives downloads for both Moodle 1.9 and Moodle 2.x! Knowing this, I've installed it on moodurian.com. It's very useful and so convenient to drag and drop any file onto my course page with it enabled.
1. extract the Moodle 1.9.x zip file (for Moodle 2.x, click here)
2. ftp the folder dndupload to your blocks folder
3. Administration | Notifications to install
4. Go to your coursepage, and add the Drag and Drop block
6. Drag a file (text file, Ms Word file) to the course page, notice that the the end of a the
current section where you are at, there is a new row section named "Add files here" with a green plus icon.
If you install it on your Moodle production site I'm sure that you and your colleagues will appreciate how easy it is now to drag and drop files from their desktop, pendrive folder, or My Documents folder.